Sunday, May 27, 2012

Blog Ads... Finally!

I've been posting my thoughts online since the summer of 2004. Back then, I dabbled with my old Livejournal account (I shan't post the link. I'm too embarrassed). I migrated my stuff to Multiply, once it usurped the former in terms of popularity. Most of my stuff were sentimental musings or posts about my sporting experiences. 

My quixotic quest to balance a full-time job with an athletics career necessitated a reboot in my blogging activities. I started hurdler49 to chronicle my travails. After more than two years, I decided to call it quits to focus on far bigger things in life than hurdling. 

By then, I was maintaining three blogs: (1) a personal blog, (2) Superb Senora and, of course, (3) hurdler49. Hurdler49 has met some measure of success. In its two years of existence, it has amassed more than 200,000 unique page views (thanks to my weekly Track Beauty feature). My personal blog (3,800) and Superb Senora (11,900) have more humble stat sheets. I started the two other websites to capitalize on hurdler49's online footprint - and to hopefully earn some extra dough through ad placements.

Google AdSense was too tedious in its approval process. I tried to put Nuffnang ads, but it slowed down the loading times of my two other sites. Besides, Nuffnang seemed to display the most mundane of its default banners. The ads weren't even about products, for crying out loud! Hence, I scrapped the advertisement boxes. 

The past weeks have seen a resurgence in my blogging activity ( I have tons of free time since my retirement from athletics). I began to post more and more articles on Superb Senora and my personal blog. Then it hit me, why not put Nuffnang ads again? 
   
It's astounding to note that putting Nuffnang ads was even easier, with today's Javascript and Flash technology, than two years ago. Perhaps because of the maturity level of my two blogs, the Nuffnang ads now are more relevant! (The default ads are actually Cost per Click (CPC) campaigns by Nuffnang's sister company. I still have to wait 20 days to eligible for paid ad campaigns!)


With these ads, my blogs now load slower than usual. To the readers of my blogs, I'm terribly sorry. I gotta earn some extra cash, even if it comes at a trickle!

2 comments:

  1. Visiting your blog from Weblogs. And oh yeah, I'm a nuffnangers too :)

    I'm currently hosting Link Exchange in my blog. You may post a comment together with your URL if you want your blog to be added.
    Thanks and looking forward to see you there.

    ReplyDelete