Sunday, December 26, 2010

Bristol Shoes

All throughout grade school and high school, I've worn leather shoes. In the four years I spent in college (as well as the extra fifth year I spent taking up my masters), I traded those formal footwear for the comfy sneaks. Back then, I borrowed my dad's pair of high cut dress shoes whenever the occasion arose. But when my cousin's wedding came up, my dad, my younger and I had to be there all at the same time! Hence, I had to buy my first ever pair in years.

I bought Bristol shoes for around Php 2,500 to Php 3,000 during early 2007. Bristol is a Filipino brand from the Philippine shoe capital of Marikina. The pairs are hand-made; hence, the relatively higher price compared to Chinese imports.

Read more about Bristol here

I am proud to say that I wore the pair to my first day as a working man! Until I saved up enough cash to buy another pair, the Bristol's were my solitary leather shoes. But then again, the newly-bought footwear was not as comfortable as the Bristol's. I wore the newly-purchased shoes sparingly since my feet hurt with all the walking I have to do in my daily routine.

Read "The Commute"
Read "Trinoma Park and Ride"

I know for a fact that leather shoes aren't supposed to worn on consecutive days. Since the shoe "breathes" and absorbs moisture, it's best to let a well-worn pair dry after a day's use. But then again, my precarious finances left me with no other choice but to abuse my Bristols. For more than two years, I wore the pair constantly - almost every single work day.

A few months ago, I saw the signs of wear and tear emanate. The once pristine leather is wrinkled near the balls of the foot. In fact, there are slight tears at the sides from all the walking I've done.

Now that I just got promoted, my finances have become a little more comfortable. Thus, there is room in my budget to buy a new pair. As a highly-satisfied Bristol shoe owner, I will settle for nothing less than the quality afforded by this reputable Filipino brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment