Saturday, June 16, 2012

Cinema Paradiso Finale: The Best Movie Ending of All-Time

I have seen countless movies, most of it at the last six years, thanks to the advances of modern technology.  When asked about my favorite film, the first titles that come to mind are Das Leben der Anderen (2006) and Cinema Paradiso (1989). I have devoured numerous literature and films about espionage and war, but the aforesaid German about a Stasi spy getting involved in the private lives of his subjects is the most thought-provoking,

If I were to choose between the two movies, I would have to pick Cinema Paradiso. As a movie buff and an innate romantic, I appreciated the nostalgic flashbacks to bygone times, where films were shown in black & white. Ennio Morricone's score is timeless in capturing the emotions brought forth by the travails of the lead character.

Cinema Paradiso also has the best ending of all the films I have seen. 

If you have not watched this Italian classic yet, don't view the clip below.


No comments:

Post a Comment