Thursday, June 14, 2012

Smartphone Reticence

I almost bought a Blackberry Curve 8520 from Sun Cellular last weekend. The PHP 600/monthly fee was enticing. The affordable package includes unlimited BBM access, Twitter, Facebook and Sun-to-Sun calls and texts. When I tried out my dad's Blackberry, I had a sudden change of heart. The screen was too small; the trackpad interface proved too cumbersome. 

The Blackberry is overrated. (Photo from IEPP298/Wikimedia)
The experience was vastly different from the time I did the initial set-up for my mom's iPad 2. With the Blackberry, there was none of that love-at-first-sight (or touch) magic I experienced with the iPad. Then it hit me, why spend additional cash for unlimited social networking access? I already have a sizable online presence, with my three blogs and active Twitter and Facebook accounts. Moreover, I am practically hooked to the net the entire day!

Nokia 5130. A lightweight, sleek, and reliable phone. (Photo from Niklas Bildhauer)
I decided not to get a Blackberry. When I ditch my trusty Nokia 5130, I'll shift to an iPhone!

No comments:

Post a Comment