Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Huawei G1000

When my old Motorola broke down in 2006, my dad gave me a no-frills Nokia 1100. At first, I abhorred the almost featureless phone. Soon enough, I grew to love it. The 1100 was durable and lightweight. Since its dated, monochromatic screen runs on top tier Li-Ion batteries, the phone could last for as long as two weeks on one charge!

In the four years that I've used the phone, I've forgotten how many times I've dropped it. Despite its noisy clicks of its keypads, I was a satisfied Nokia 1100 owner - until it got stolen on a crowded MRT coach.

The Huawei G1000. (Photo from Lazada)
I came across a the Huawei G1000 this morning. Like the 1100, it is a bare bones phone costing peanuts - Php 580! Thanks to the wonders of modern technology, the G1000 offers several value-added features like call barring/waiting/forwarding and a wireless FM radio. And of course, there's the ubiquitous built-in flashlight. 



If I don't have hundreds of phone book contacts, or feel the need to snap up random photos on my phone, I'll probably give the Huawei G1000 a shot - just for kicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment